Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs
Razor & TieNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Basic drafting (including, but not limited to, artwork, photography and independent publicist agreements and miscellaneous letters and notices)
• Basic interpretation of contracts
• Facilitating execution of agreements
• Maintaining physical and digital filing systems
• Copyright registrations
• Facilitating/tracking payment of advances
• Maintaining option/key contract date reports and list of controlled master recordings
• Maintaining contract forms
• Miscellaneous projects as needed/appropriate
• Assisting with ''due diligence'' related to acquisitions
• Litigation support
• Proofreading/editing documents
• Miscellaneous executive assistant duties for EVP Business & Legal Affairs (e.g., printing/scanning documents, maintaining calendar, coordinating travel, providing basic tech support, submitting expense reports and answering phones)
• Various reception duties (e.g. greeting visitors, trafficking miscellaneous items and calls)
Requisite Skills & Abilities / Education & Experience: Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment; ability to handle heavy volume of work; attention to detail and strong follow up skills; excellent organizational, communication and telephone skills; and tech savvy with experience using Microsoft Office (specifically MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel). Bachelor's degree required. This is an ''entry level'' position.
Razor & Tie, founded by its co-managing directors Craig Balsam and Cliff Chenfeld, is among the largest independent music labels in North America. Razor & Tie also owns the extremely successful Kidz Bop music brand, which has over 20 million units of music products sold as well as a ''24/7'' Sirius XM channel and numerous other projects. Current successful artists from Razor & Tie's record label include The Revivalists, The Pretty Reckless, and Starset. Razor & Tie is affiliated with Concord Music Group, which also controls numerous other famous labels including Stax, Rounder, Fantasy, Vanguard, Wind-Up, Fearless, and Concord, and releases music from iconic artists such as Creedence Clearwater Revival and R.E.M. as well as a diverse roster of current artists including The Record Company, Nathaniel Rateliff, Esperanza Spalding, and many others, and also owns Concord Bicycle Music, which is among the world's largest independent music publishing companies.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online