Paid Intern - Costume Rental Program
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for...
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking Costume Rental Program Interns to serve as inventory and stock assistants to the Wardrobe Department within the company.
About the role...
Get in on the ground floor of a new and exciting business venture for RWS as we expand our reach into the world of theatrical wardrobe rentals. The primary focus of this internship is to help develop and maintain a rentable wardrobe inventory and tracking database. This internship would be perfect for anyone looking to get into the wardrobe rental business or gain experience cataloging garments in a retail setting.
• Photograph costume pieces for brand new costume database.
• Assist in keeping all costume inventory records current, complete, and accurate.
• Maintain the appearance of all costume storage areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Ensure that all costumes are properly cleaned and accurately labeled before being returned to storage.
• Work to ensure that all items in storage are kept in a wearable condition and that any items in need of repair are isolated until proper repairs have been completed.
• Assist in the unpacking and inventory of all costumes brought into the studio.
• Assist in the packing of all costumes to be sent, following official procedure.
• Strike the costumes for each production.
• Coordinate dry cleaning and carefully launder all washable items.
• Experience or interest in the theatre or entertainment industry.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring...
• Experience or interest in the theatre or entertainment industry
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft and Mac software such as Numbers, Pages, and Excel
• Motivated, mission-driven, and self-directed
• Great energy and positivity is a MUST
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to climb and work from ladders
The deal... • Work three (3) full business days per week • Office hours are 9am-5pm • Stipend or college credit and unlimited MetroCard • Starting mid-January and ending mid-April 2018
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, January 19. Please include Costume Rental Program Intern in the email subject line. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online