Associate Director of Design
RWS Entertainment GroupLong Island City, NY
Full Time Job
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we're looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking an Associate Director of Design to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role…
The ideal candidate will be responsible for scenic, prop, event and décor design within the growing design department. This role will act as point person for scenic shops and other vendors and will manage the details needed to ensure the success of productions from conception through execution.
- Design scenery, props, and décor for productions and events as assigned.
- Convert designs into CAD drafting for scene shop bids and builds as necessary.
- Manage projects effectively within a given budget.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, co-workers, and clients.
- Continuously remain on the cutting edge of design practices.
- Understanding that the position may require moderate traveling with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
- A minimum BFA/BA degree in Theatrical Design or comparable professional experience
- Experience in the entertainment and live event production industry
- The ability to create floorplans, renderings for presentations, two and three-dimensional design models, technical drawings and presentation decks
- The ability to develop conceptual design themes, cohesive mood boards, and mock-ups to communicate ideas with the appropriate direction
- The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions
- The ability to negotiate with vendors and discover creative solutions to keep projects on target and within budget parameters
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills which exemplify the ability to identify issues or challenges and find a reasonable solution
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively execute under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong organization skills, exceptional attention to detail, and excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to monitor and manage multiple priorities, and meet timelines on large projects from inception through completion
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly develop trusting, productive relationships with clients, vendors, staff and all partners
- Willingness to ''roll up your sleeves'' and get into the details as a team player with a ''get things done'' proactive attitude
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in MS Office and iWork applications
- Advanced knowledge in the following applications: Adobe CC 2017 programs (Photoshop and Illustrator required), Google Sketchup, and Vectorworks
- Dedicated, Innovative, Creative, Collaborative, Fun, Trustworthy
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
- Competitive salary, benefits, progressive PTO plan, employee enrichment program and retirement plan
- Immediate start date
Please submit your cover letter and resume by JANUARY 24, 2018. Please include: Associate Director of Design in the email subject line.**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system, we automatically include this in the subject line for you.
Email submissions only. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online