Social Media Manager
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) is seeking a Social Media Manager for our online team. The Social Media Manager is responsible for daily community management on THR's social platforms, working alongside the Social Media Coordinator and reporting to the Sr. Social Media Manager. THR's Social Media Manager should be organized, proficient on all social platforms and comfortable in a fast-paced newsroom.
The Social Media Manager should be well-versed in The Hollywood Reporter magazine and its coverage areas, including: Film, television, industry/studio news, cable news and politics.
This is a full-time position, working Monday - Friday from 7 AM - 4 PM. Will require attending entertainment industry events during off hours (e.g. evenings, weekends and holidays).
include but not limited to:
- Manage all of the Hollywood Reporter's social channels
- Responsible for creating strategies and best practices that will drive growth of
- Plan an editorial calendar around the magazine, breaking news, events
- Create original content based upon breaking news, social memes, and trends.
- Monitor social analytics to identify trends and growth opportunities
- Conduct research and analysis of competitive social channels/strategies
- Create and manage the social coverage of all brand and industry events
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years of social media experience, preferably in news
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Strong copywriting and grammar skills
- Experience covering live events: Red carpets, events, junkets, film festivals, etc.
- Familiarity with awards coverage: Avid watcher of the Golden Globes, Emmys, Oscars, Grammys
- Experience using Business Manager on Facebook: Ad experience and targeting a plus
- Strong knowledge of Instagram posting strategies
- Knowledge of THR's content and style
- Ability to work and quickly respond to requests with demanding deadlines/turnarounds
- Availability to work nights, weekends, holidays and awards season
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please.
Prometheus Global Media/The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.