Senior Copy Editor
Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you know when to use ''who'' vs. ''whom'' as well as you do ''reboot'' and ''sequel''? Can you spot a dangling modifier as well as you can the misspelling of a foreign film director's last name? Do you take pleasure in correcting typos and inconsistencies in copy? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment?
The Hollywood Reporter is currently seeking a sharp, eagle-eyed copy editor to join its copy desk.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Copyedit and proofread all editorial content for weekly magazine, with some fact-checking as needed
• Work with editors and reporters to resolve queries
• Compile and make changes to articles in Adobe InCopy
• Assist copy desk in trafficking and processing articles to meet print deadlines
• Write headlines, deks, captions as needed to expedite copy flow
• Manage copy desk when Copy Chief and/or Deputy Copy Chief are out of the office
• Copyedit online content when time allows
• Minimum 2 years copyediting experience at a magazine or newspaper; entertainment/weekly a plus
• Command of AP style, knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign/InCopy
• Ability to work quickly and well under pressure while juggling multiple assignments
• Strong organizational skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of entertainment industry, Los Angeles and pop culture a plus
• Ability to write compelling headlines, deks and other display copy a plus
• Experience with online CMS such as Drupal, WordPress
Candidates selected for consideration will be asked to take a timed editing test.
The above are minimum requirements. We welcome resumes from more experienced candidates.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please.
Prometheus Global Media/The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.