Guest Services Manager
Portland Trail BlazersPortland, OR
Full Time Job
As employees of the Portland Trail Blazers at the Rose Quarter, we create extraordinary moments for our guests through the relentless pursuit of being the top destination for sports and entertainment in the Northwest.
To support our mission, we are seeking a Guest Services Manager responsible for providing a safe and enjoyable environment for guests and staff during events at the Rose Quarter. This position supervises part time event staff in addition to partnering with cross functional teams for any medical or security situations during events. The Guest Services Manager will ensure that staff has appropriate knowledge and tools, through training and coaching.
You will be responsible for:
• Acting as Front of House Manager for Rose Quarter events: ensuring we are providing a safe environment and creating extraordinary moments for our guests and employees.
• Managing Guest Experience event related staff including coaching and training.
• Responding to guest feedback via phone and e-mail as a guest resolution expert.
• Maintaining proper documentation of employee attendance records to ensure compliance of attendance policy and applicable Oregon laws.
• Assisting with monthly scheduling of Guest Experience event related staff to maintain appropriate staffing levels for events at the Rose Quarter.
• Assisting with hiring and onboarding of part time staff.
• Assisting with providing event staffing estimates and invoices to Event Management team.
• Additional projects, as assigned, by the Director of Guest Experience.
You are qualified if:
• You have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires general office experience and/or knowledge of office principles.
• You are able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• You possess knowledge of basic computing equipment and software typical in a modern office environment. You must be knowledgeable in practical application of Windows OS, MS Outlook, Word and Excel preferred.
• Understand the internal and external customers' needs and have the ability to respond accordingly; can anticipate customer needs; will give high priority to service and customer satisfaction.
• You are able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
• You are able to maintain confidentiality, work with sensitive and proprietary information and exercise discretion.
• Knowledge of ABI Mastermind Time and Attendance System, preferred.
If you want to learn more about our Guest Services Manager role, and it fits with your skills and experience, take the next step to apply!
Final offers of employment will be contingent on a successful background check after a conditional offer is made.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to being champions of diversity in our organization and community.
• How did you hear about this job?