Intern - VFX Editorial Data I/O
Full Time Unpaid Internship
• Good technical knowledge of editorial and color workflows.
• Basic knowledge of video codecs, file formats, frame rates, compression and resolutions.
• Familiar with Premiere Pro, Avid and/or DaVinci Resolve is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Nuke is advantageous, but not required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage sequence and shot turnovers to VFX, including all VFX elements and reference plates, documenting the notes from editors and director about required VFX work for each shot in details.
• Generate count sheets and plate line-up information and translate data into the online shot tracking database (Shotgun).
• Create Avid ref sequences to represent directors' creative intent for each shot, at correct frame length, for final delivery.
• Update sequences with any changes to the cut and communicate changes to the VFX team.
• Cut in VFX works in progress and finals into master cut sequences, confirm timing, line-ups, and that the work matches what was requested in shot turnover sheets.
• Quality control checks of all VFX shots as shots are submitted for reviews.
• Host any necessary VFX editorial review for VFX supervisors, as well as editors and directors.
• Maintain database of shot turnover sheets, as well as shot final sheets, to be used as documentation for final conform.
• Provide support to digital artists, as needed.
• Please be aware that the focus of this position is rather on the technical and not creative side of editing.
• Understanding the limitations of your knowledge and seeking expert advice when appropriate.
• General problem solving skills.
• Communicational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a strong team environment.
• Love to work detailsoriented and are very reliable. You're the first person to touch the plate elements, so the whole pipeline is dependent on the correctness of your work.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online