Full Time Job
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for making technical decisions on all aspects of computer graphics in order to complete shot work for production including shader writing, rigging, look development, effects, dynamic simulation, lighting, compositing and rendering.
Defines how show resources should be used to achieve production goals.
Must possess extensive knowledge of as well as experience in multiple parts of the production process.
Makes creative decisions and comments about shots in order to achieve the required look and meet creative direction.
Work with show leads and artists to provide both technical leadership at both the facility and project level in order to keep the work flow continuous and productive.
Main areas of responsibility involve: leading the development of flexible and efficient CG pipelines to meet creative direction; ensuring solutions are effective in delivering shots and monitoring the performance of such;
hands on experience producing shots and effectively communicating the implementation of solutions between various departments.
Visual targets and quality
• addresses the body of work arriving
from scanning. Previews for initial color-correction requirements and
initial shot composite requirements
• monitors shot continuity in all aspects of quality control, including final color-correction for timely delivery
• facilitates production needs of every team member
• guides and mentors team members
• maintains team morale
• tests new techniques and technology as necessary
• helps leads and crew develop ''one-off'' techniques as necessary
Scheduling and daily work
• makes shot deliveries with Producer and Coordinator
• monitors resources, throughout each day, and delegates work priorities based on fluctuations in schedule and shot progress
• oversees the management of the resource workload
• monitors the render queue and reviews previous night logs for deviance on a daily basis
• reviews progress of shots for film-out on a daily basis, and approves shots as ready for film-out when the criteria are met
• assisting with notes and archives if necessary
• should have good working knowledge utilizing Maya, VRay, Houdini, and Mantra in a Linux environment
• working knowledge of Massive, Mari, and Syntheyes a plus
Learn about life in China:PXO China
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online