Summer Undergraduate Program
Full Time Job
Pixar Undergraduate Program (PUP) – Summer 2018
Pixar's Undergraduate Program (''PUP'') is a 10-week, classroom-based hands-on course taught by a variety of experienced Technical Directors at Pixar. In this program, students will have the opportunity to learn about Pixar's filmmaking process and explore a variety technical career options as they get first-hand experience in how a production studio works.
The classroom curriculum will focus on several technical aspects of filmmaking, such as: modeling, shading, rigging, lighting, simulation and FX. Students will work on projects individually and in small groups to reinforce lecture concepts.
Additionally, students will be exposed to production work in greater detail through presentations by a variety of Technical Directors at Pixar.
The ideal candidates are those at the beginning of their academic career who is currently enrolled as an undergraduate student. PUP students will return to school upon conclusion of the program.
• Interest in a career as a Technical Director at an animation studio
• Interest in or experience with computer programming
• Interest in or experience with a 3D graphic package such as Maya
• Interest or experience in photography, art, sculpture, sewing, costume design, or filmmaking
• Proven academic excellence and/or extracurricular passion in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Art, Digital Effects or a related field
• Currently enrolled undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Digital Arts, Art or a related field
• Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 10 weeks between June 2018 – August 2018
- SUBMISSION PROCESS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Apply online at pixar.com – no submissions are accepted via mail or in person
• Attach a single .PDF file containing your cover letter and your resume. A letter of recommendation from a professor, instructor, or former employer is optional. If you choose to submit one, please include it in the single .PDF file with your resume and cover letter
• With this application, please provide a link to your online demo reel in the ''Demo Reel'' section of the application; you will not be considered for the internship without an online demo reel
• Your demo reel may include: examples of visual work, such as photography, painting, drawing, printmaking, flat work, or other dimensional work; examples of software or tools you have written, along with code samples; and examples of video or film work (live-action or animation)
• If your demo reel is password protected please be sure to include the correct password
• Please ensure that you have agreed to the Terms at the end of the online application. You will not be able to continue without this affirmation. By agreeing, you are agreeing to the terms of the Submission Release
• Due to the high volume of submissions, we're not able to provide feedback or requests for updates on the process. You will receive an email acknowledging the successful receipt of your on-line application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 11, 2018