Summer Intern - Technical Director , Rendering
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Pixar is offering an exciting opportunity geared towards students interested in pursuing a career working on animated feature films as a Rendering Technical Director. In this role, you will work closely with our Technical Directors (TDs) to set up, monitor and debug rendered images from early animation to final lighting; as well as optimizing models and shots where necessary and checking final film images. We are looking for students who possess strong technical skills and a passion for creating high-end visual imagery in support of the story telling process.
• Programming experience in C/C and/or a scripting language such as Python
• A strong sense of aesthetic demonstrating an understanding of physical motion, weight, ?balance, lighting, texture, and form
• Experience using 3D software packages such as Houdini, Maya, Katana, RenderMan, etc.
• Experience in Unix/Linux systems
• Working towards a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Digital Art or a related field; recent grads who are within one year of graduation are also eligible to apply
• Must be able to demonstrate a sense of aesthetic via an online demo reel
• Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between June 2018 – August 2018
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Apply online at pixar.com – no submissions are accepted via mail or in person
• Attach a single .PDF file containing your cover letter and your resume
• Please ensure that you have agreed to the Terms at the end of the on-line application. You will not be able to continue without this affirmation. By agreeing, you are agreeing to the terms of the Submission Release
• Due to the high volume of submissions, we're not able to provide feedback or requests for updates on the process. You will receive an email acknowledging the successful receipt of your on-line application
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 11, 2018