Summer Intern - Network Support Administration
This was removed by the employer on 12/14/2017 3:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Network Support Administration jobs in Emeryville-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Network Support Administration postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Network Support Administration? Pixar's movies are loved around the world, but they wouldn't exist without technology. This internship is an opportunity to contribute to the daily operation of the physical infrastructure contained in our on-site data centers and tech rooms. An Infrastructure Resources intern will help keep our data centers operational and hardware functional.
If you are someone who likes to peek behind the curtain to see how the widgets work, this internship may be the right fit for you!
• Relocate hardware between data cabinets and/or rooms
• Maintain awareness of data center environments (power, cooling)
• Communicate observations and work with team to take appropriate action
• Install server components when necessary
• Cable hardware using appropriate cable types
• Keep a watchful eye on inventory levels
• Familiarity with hardware terminology
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
• Close attention to detail
• Team player, but also able to proactively work independently
• Positive, professional attitude
• Must already posses the legal authorization to work in the US
• Must be at least a junior in college working towards a Bachelor's degree or greater; Recent grads who are within one year of graduation are also eligible to apply
• Must provide a short personal statement (200 words or less) explaining why you are interested in working with network administration at Pixar
• Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between June 2018 – August 2018
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Apply online at pixar.com – no submissions are accepted via mail or in person
• Attach a single .PDF file containing your cover letter, your resume and your personal statement
• Due to the high volume of submissions we're not able to provide feedback
• Please do not contact us regarding your application status; you will be notified once there is an update to your application(s)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 11, 2018 This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.