Guest Service Representative
Phoenix SunsPhoenix, AZ
Full Time Job
The individual in this position handles all aspects of customer service for events at Talking Stick Resort Arena.
Primary (Essential) Duties
Provide exceptional customer service that exceeds guests' expectations
• Greet and welcome each guest and thank each guest as they leave the event
• Scan and swipe tickets using a small hand held scanning device, quickly checking the authenticity of each ticket
• Have a strong understanding of arena layout to provide guests with directions to seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities
• Serves as an information specialist and knowledgeable about each event in order to respond appropriately to guest comments, questions, and requests in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
• Handle a variety of customer inquiries in a professional manner including but not limited to seating/ticket issues
• Distribute flyers or promotional materials to guests
• Provide assistance to guests with accessible needs including but not limited to providing wheelchair services
• Look for opportunities to enhance guest experience. Do one more thing.
Guest Service Representatives have a direct responsibility for the welfare and safety of all guests
• Have a clear understanding and enforce arena policies and procedures
• Maintain order and ensure adherence to all safety rules
• Provide assistance and clear directions during emergency situations
• Ensure pathways and exits are clear of obstructions and are properly lit. Assist guests in finding seats, lighting the way with a flashlight if needed
• Immediately report any suspicious activity or unattended items to supervisor and security
• Monitor crowd during all events to ensure safety
• Immediately report any safety violations to include spills or injuries to supervisor and/or security. Complete incident reports as needed
• Verify credentials to control access into restricted areas and enforce ticket integrity to ensure guests are in proper seats
Work area changes from event to event (doors, portals, elevators, lobbies). You may be assigned and/or moved as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing personality
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
• Maintain a neat, professional appearance as outlined by the Phoenix Suns organization
• Ability to remain calm and focused during a fast pace environment
• Ability to exercise sound judgement to diffuse volatile situations
• Ability to read tickets and ensure authenticity
• Ability to scan tickets (fine finger dexterity)
• Ability to memorize layout of Talking Stick Resort Arena in order to answer guests general questions (seating sections, restrooms, concession stands, novelty shops and other facility services and amenities)• • Bilingual-English/Spanish preferred
• Basic knowledge of ADA protocols and policies preferred
• At least 6 months of previous customer service experience in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience as an usher is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Flexible schedule (variety of shifts) to include weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
• Must meet monthly attendance minimums (be available to typically work 66-75% of all home games/events)
• Ability to stand for entire shift (generally 4-6 hours but could be extended due to the nature of our business. i.e. overtime)
• Ability to walk throughout venue, up and down stairs, aisles, and on uneven surfaces (ramps)
• Ability to bend, work in high elevations (all levels of the arena) and enclosed spaces (including elevators)
• Must be comfortable working in large crowds. Noise levels in the work environment are frequently loud
• Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors-May be exposed to all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
The physical demands are representative of those required for the employee to be successful in performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities.
Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs. The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
• How did you hear about this job?