Philadelphia 76ersCamden, NJ
Full Time Job
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware 87ers, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Team Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
Philadelphia 76ers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Senior Producer is responsible for assisting in the creative development and execution of assigned video programs, including commercial vignettes, ancillary programming and/or 76ers related projects. Oversee assigned production teams and manage daily production schedules on a per project basis. Establish relationships with appropriate personnel and/or staff in various 76ers departments to ensure proper coordination of projects. Mentor/assist in the development of production staff to improve product quality. Work with VP, Production, and Senior Production Manager on planning of projects and personnel assignments.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Television/Film Production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications and/or related area of study
• Minimum ten years in the television production industry with prior staff management experience
• Production experience should include single and multi-camera field production and all phases of post-production, as well as developing program content, formulating show budgets, generating creative treatments, organizing show rundowns, script writing and line-producing for a wide variety of programming
• Experience in the different styles of single and multi-camera ENG shooting, lighting technique, interviewing and editing of feature material
• Familiarity with the following production systems and/or technical equipment: digital non-linear video editing, nonlinear audio editing and computer graphics.
• Solid computer skills
• Familiarity with advancing and emerging technologies and techniques related to television production
• Sports production background preferred, experience with the game of basketball a plus
• Manage assigned shows, special programs or 76ers related projects. Manage the daily planning and execution, in coordination with VP, Production, and Senior Production Manager, of all assigned programs and/or projects. Supervise personnel on the assigned projects
• Oversee the editorial content of assigned projects to ensure that the quality is at the highest level
• Coordinate with Senior Production Manager in setting shooting and edit schedules; administer personnel assignments regarding those schedules
• Manage and mentor a team of junior producers; work with team to maintain project budgets. Oversee logistics and some administrative duties
• Determine creative standard, approve ideas, scripts, edits and the final product on assigned projects
• Shoot and Produce programming and projects as assigned
• Develop lines of communication and relationships with various 76ers departments to ensure efficient execution of projects
• Handle client relations, make contacts, get creative approvals and follow through on assigned projects
• Lead/assist in the development and execution of new business opportunities and proposals
• Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the 76ers's overall objectives and initiatives
• Conduct regular informal employee performance feedback sessions with assigned personnel to encourage short and long-term employee development
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends and holidays
• How did you hear about this job?