Producer / Editor
Philadelphia 76ersCamden, NJ
Full Time Job
JOB DESCRIPTION – Producer/Editor
Department: Media Production
Reports to: Senior Manager, Media Production
Classification: Salary, Exempt
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware 87ers, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Team Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
Position Summary: The Producer/Editor is responsible for assisting in the creative development and execution of assigned video programs,including commercial, vignettes, ancillary programming and/or 76ers related projects. Oversee assigned production teams and manage daily production schedules on a per project basis. Establish relationships with appropriate personnel and/or staff in various 76ers departments to ensure proper coordination of projects.
Philadelphia 76ers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage assigned shows, special programs or 76ers related projects. Manage the daily planning and execution, in coordination with Senior Producer and Senior Production Manager, of all assigned programs and/or projects. Supervise personnel on the assigned projects
• Oversee the editorial content of assigned projects to ensure that the quality is at the highest level
• Coordinate with Senior Production Manager in setting, shooting, and edit schedules; administerpersonnelassignmentsregardingthoseschedules
• Maintain project budgets
• Oversee logistics and some administrative duties
• Determine creative standard, approve ideas, scripts, edits and the final production assigned projects
• Shoot and produce programming and projects as assigned
• Develop lines of communication and relationships with various 76ers departments to ensure efficient execution of projects
• Handle client relations, make contacts, get creative approvals and follow through on assigned projects
• Assist in the development and execution of new business opportunities and proposals
• Execute programming as appropriate that reflects the 76ers's overall objectives and initiatives
(educational, experience and basic knowledge requirements):
• Bachelor's degree in Television/Film Production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications and/or related area of study
• Minimum 5 years in the television production industry with prior staff management experience
• Production experiences should include single and multi-camera field production and all phases of post production, as well as, developing program content, formulating show budgets, generating creative treatments, organizing show rundowns, script writing and line-producing for a wide variety of programming
• Experience in the different styles of single and multi-camera ENG shooting, lighting technique, interviewing and editing of feature material
• Familiarity with the following production systems and/or technical equipment: digital non-linear video editing, non-linear audio editing and computer graphics
• Solid computer skills
• Familiarity with advancing and emerging technologies and techniques related to television production
• Sports production background preferred, experience with the game of basketball a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel, nights, weekends and holidays
• How did you hear about this job?