Philadelphia 76ersCamden, NJ
Full Time Job
Job Title: Presentation Designer
Department: Brand & Marketing
Reports To: Senior Art Director, Brand & Marketing
Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware 87ers, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Team Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fanbase. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The Philadelphia 76ers, with its state-of-the-art headquarters in Camden, N.J., is one of the most storied franchises in professional sports with three NBA championships and an iconic brand celebrating the past, present and future of the organization. Aiming to solidify its place as an industry leader and trailblazer, the 76ers became the first North American sports organization to acquire an esports franchise, Team Dignitas, in 2016. Meanwhile, the organization opened the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball in 2017 to foster entrepreneurialism and support rapidly growing, early-stage companies.
*Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Presentation Designer supports all marketing solutions and internal communications efforts through the design of forward thinking, creative decks and graphic deliverables that elevates Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment as a world-class brand. This position will be focused on supporting the Corporate Partnership team with creating sales and activation pitches/presentations for sponsors. The Presentation Designer must be a team player who can balance creativity and tight deadlines in our fast-paced environment. Hard work, a positive attitude and dedication are essential to this position.
• Designs original creative elements
• Adapts design elements to carry out the continuity of the HBSE brands throughout all collateral
• Create graphically engaging new business pitch presentations and materials
• Present visual concepts and ideas in an organized, compelling, effective manner
• Produce presentations and materials for client meetings
• Produce weekly recaps for executive team
• Conceptualizing and building custom creative concepts for sales pitches and client presentations
• Creates templates and builds presentations for executive reports and meetings
• Proofs all materials in an accurate manner, delivering high-quality, on-time and error-free drafts
• Serve as a brand ambassador in regards to logo usage and graphic standards
• Maintains ongoing internal communication with key partners as needed
• Works on multiple design projects at any given time and execute in a timely fashion
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS in graphic design
• Two to five years of graphic design experience preferably from a design or advertising agency or sports and entertainment entity
• Competency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
• Solid design sense; thorough understanding of design theory including principles such as color, typography and composition
• Ability to use typography and iconography to great effect
• Competency with photo editing
• Experience with client relationships, understanding client needs and meeting deadlines
• Experience working collaboratively across multiple departments
• Able to work independently, as well as within a team
• Capable of working on and managing multiple design projects at a given time and executing quickly
• Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
• Highly creative, with a balance of creative vision and day-to-day productivity
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Highly organized and communicative
• Positive attitude
• Experience and passion for sports and/or entertainment preferred
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Travel required on a TBD basis (<10% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
This position generally requires that work be performed from the Philadelphia 76ers Training Complex butattendance at events taking place in the arena or offsite, including on weekends and/or holidays, may be required.
• How did you hear about this job?