Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
The Video Editor – Post Production reports to the Senior Project Manager - Production and the Senior Director, Post Production and will be responsible for helping to create as and delivery of content necessary for live broadcast and post produced programming, specializing in craft editing such as teases, features, and promos.
• Use repeatable, streamlined editing processes with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Network’s integrated MAM system, aka Dalet.
• Create program content on Mac-based video editing systems to create program content.
• Work with the Lead Video Editors, owning projects from inception to completion.
• Handle and incorporate content elements provided by Creative Services and Pac-12 Networks Marketing. Use these promotional content elements according to Network Brand and Style guidelines with direction from Director of Post Production and Manager- Live Event and Remote.
• Work with other editors and producers necessary to support live studio and post-production programming, i.e. in-game editing using video editing systems as well Instant Replay equipment.
• Participate in the delivery of isolated content directly from studio feeds during off-air and live events.
• Keep on top of technology trends in equipment and software.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 4-6 years of prior work experience in studio television production or sports television or digital media industry.
• Expert use of editing software (Adobe Premiere and After Effects) and other contemporary editing software as required.
• Ability to work “game day” hours and days i.e. late night, weekends, possibly overnight.
Experience in design, graphic creation and 3D.
• Skilled background in editing and media management.
• Ability to efficiently handle post production projects with multiple episodes and extended timelines.
• Ability to own project and create storylines.
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
• Portfolio of relevant editing projects.
• Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
• Adobe Creative Suite, Liberovision, associated Plug-ins.
• Narrative storytelling and musical rhythm natural instincts.
• Calm demeanor in challenging circumstances.
• Desire to learn new technology and grow a career with the Pac-12 Networks.