Junior Video Editor - Live/Post Production
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Pac-12 Network is seeking a freelance Junior Video Editor - Live/Post Production who will thrive in a quickly growing, fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager – Production and the Senior Director of Post Production and is responsible for creating and maintaining the content and integrity of Pac-12 Enterprises' video content throughout the edit environment.
The duration of this position is from August 2017 - July 2018 and will approximately 20-40 hours per week.
• Primary responsibility is to help in the creation as well as delivery of content necessary for live broadcast and post produced programming, specializing in craft editing such as teases, features, promos and long-form content.
• Learn and use repeatable, streamlined editing processes, but with a special emphasis on implementing Pac-12 Network’s integrated edit system that is “quick turnaround based” within MAM system.
• Use of video editing systems, Adobe Premiere CC and Dalet Timeline, to create program content.
• Ability to own projects from inception to completion.
• Handle and incorporate content elements provided by Creative Services. Use these content elements according to Network Brand and Style guidelines with direction from Sr. Project Manager – Production and the Sr. Director of Post Production.
• Work with other editors and producers necessary to support live studio and post-production programming, i.e. in-game editing using video editing systems as well as Instant Replay equipment.
• Possibly participate in the delivery of isolated content directly from studio feeds during off-air and live events.
• Minimum 1-2 years of prior work experience in studio television production or sports television or digital media industry.
• Advanced use of editing software (Adobe Premiere CC, Photoshop and After Effects) and other contemporary editing software as required.
• Ability to work “game-day” hours and days i.e. late night, weekends, possibly overnight.
• Experience in design, graphic creation and 3D.
• Background in editing and media management.
• Ability to efficiently handle post-production projects with multiple episodes and extended timelines.
• Strong problem identification and reporting skills.
• Portfolio of relevant editing projects.
• Passionate about Collegiate Sports, particularly Pac-12 Sports.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.
• Ability to tell a story with rhythm; explicit attention to detail.