Broadcast Associate - Media Management
Pac 12 NetworksSan Francisco, CA
Broadcast Associate - Media Management (Temporary)
The Freelance Broadcast Associate - Media Management position will report to the Manager, Media Asset Management. This role is primarily responsible for supporting the day-to-day Media Asset Management operations of the Pac-12 linear and digital networks. An essential element of the position is providing in-depth research into PAC-12 events and producing quality metadata to help expand the Pac-12 Networks archive. Regular work schedule will include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Provide in-depth research into Pac-12 games and produce quality metadata to enrich the assets of the Network’s archive (game recaps, stills, news clippings, etc.)
• Assist with the vintage media asset workflow from reception at the Networks, to logging of key moments, researching relevant metadata and archiving for perpetuity.
• Assist Media Coordinators in the interaction with other departments to ensure timelines and content delivery meets content production needs.
• Provide support to users of the Media Management system.
• Assist with the Pac-12 archiving workflows.
• Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of the Dalet Media Asset Management system and all relevant systems.
• Provide backup for Media Coordinators time-off.
• Other duties as assigned by the management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Broadcasting, Library Science or related field (pertinent education accepted may be substituted for work experience).
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage clients’ expectations in a fast-paced environment where conflicting demands occur.
• High attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to keep focused during meticulous tasks.
• Customer-focused approach.
• Basic operational knowledge of non-linear video editing platforms.
• Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with all levels of management and teams.
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans.