Senior Director, Brand Marketing
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Director, Brand Marketing (Experiential Marketing/Integrated Marketing/Event Production)
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a Senior Director of Brand Marketing who is a strong leader and mentor to their account team, as well as a strong day-to-day lead with the client team and their executive leadership, and is motivated to help PMK• BNC and clients evolve and grow. The Senior Director will be responsible for general operations of client business to include senior level client management, account profitability, and management of respective PMK• BNC staff. In addition, the Senior Director plays an integral role in the business development process with other senior management at PMK• BNC.
Candidate must be a self-starter with ''hybrid'' event/experiential background rooted in both client-service and hands-on production and operations, as well as integrated marketing strategy, ideally on the agency side with strong proven client servicing and management ability. Candidate must be able to manage across a diverse array of initiatives, projects and events, ranging from short to long-term, grass roots to national campaigns, strategic to tactical. Must be an excellent multi-tasker, strong leader and team management skills. Experience with consumer and technology brands preferred.
Position will report to the EVP, Brand Marketing.
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators, as well as leading consumer brands and prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Oversee PMK• BNC account team and provide leadership, direction and guidance, always with a focus on client service.
• Lead account teams to develop creative, results-driven experiential and marketing programs that fit client's objectives.
• Accountable for quality control and final review of all budgets, planning decks, recaps, status reports, work back schedules, deliverables, vendor and partner contracts and overall project management.
• Work with team to develop plans, proposals, and presentations to include event and partnership marketing concepts, promotional ideas, marketing materials and activation details.
• Create, ''sell in'' and manage project-based and quarterly budgets on behalf of client team.
• Create strategy around existing client marketing partnerships that help drive success and meet client objectives.
• Work closely with other inter-agency leaders across departments to ensure synergy, collaboration, and communication. (Influencer, Entertainment, PR, digital, social, etc.)
• Research, identify, and help negotiate strategic opportunities, partnerships and entertainment/lifestyle programming.
• Assess program effectiveness in collaboration with analytics team, setting KPIs, overall measurement of results and streamline communication to client
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena
• Have understanding of media and how it impacts the success of marketing initiatives
• Develop and maintain extremely strong interpersonal relationships with senior clients; Serve as a primary contact for the client, providing strategic counsel and tactical support.
• Develop quality standards and processes in order to ensure client satisfaction
• Assess new business leads, and participate in pitch development and/or presentations.
• Be an active force in brainstorming new, innovative ideas for client projects, marketing and celebrity outreach initiatives.
• Create, manage and reconcile accurate budget estimates for long-term and short-term client programs.
• Have understanding of new and traditional media and how it impacts the success of marketing initiatives.
• Actively manage 3rd party vendors, event producers, promoters.
• Research, understand, measure, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage event technology to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
• Responsible for both strategy and planning of all consumer and trade marketing activities including integrated marketing, strategy/planning, analytics and project management of programming, promotions, public relations, retail marketing, loyalty, media and digital integration
• Lead integration amongst the various marketing, advertising, media and PR client partners to ensure strategic, as well as consistent brand identification.
• Be a strong team lead, setting positive example and collaborative work environment and motivate team members towards success.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field or equivalent experience.
• 10 years relevant experience; marketing and event production background preferred; agency experience and consumer tech category is a plus.
• Strong multi-channel marketing experience, including social/digital media and traditional media.
• Successful management of multiple clients and account teams; can anticipate client and team needs.
• Ability to evolve and elevate PMK*BNC processes and client strategies with changing trends.
• Experience in managing scope of work and budgets.
• Experience in entertainment and lifestyle marketing.
• Experience in large-scale event production, programming, partnerships and promotions.
• Experience with close management of budgets, as well as accounting and finance processes.
• Understanding of consumer retail marketing & CRM.
• Understanding ROI for clients, setting KPIs and overall insights and analytics reaching brand success.
• Sensibility toward creative and design management.
• Must have strong understanding of and experience creating ideas which build audiences, increase awareness and engage the consumer.
• Network of vendors, partners, and corporate brands is a plus.
• Experience participating in new business pitches.
• Sincere interest in consumer brands and creating meaningful consumer experiences through events and promotions.
• Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career.
• High proficiency in the complete Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and excellent understanding of utilizing online and network-based tools for research purposes.
• Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to handle yourself professionally under pressure.
• The ability to travel up to 30% of the year.
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D