Motion Graphics Animator / Editor
Oklahoma City ThunderOklahoma City, OK
Full Time Job
Bring your creativity and desire to work in the dynamic world of sports entertainment to our team at the Oklahoma City Thunder! As the Motion Graphics Animator / Editor, you will function as a visual effects animator for digital signage and LED systems. You will join a team of creative sports-industry professionals while you oversee, produce and execute the integration of live-action footage, graphics, text, still imagery and sound to craft 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional motion graphic animations. You will play an integral part in fulfilling contractual commitments with our corporate sponsors and developing live entertainment segments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce and build graphic animations for the Chesapeake Energy Arena's various digital signage systems
• Assist in logging and organizing video footage
• Assist in producing video packages, mascot skits, animations, crowd prompts, etc.
• Participate in video shoots (camera, audio, lighting, set design, etc.)
• Conceptualize, design and transform scripts and visualizations into fluid, highly effective motion graphic animations and video production
• Produce and edit graphic and video elements that effectively promote upcoming shows, as well as utilize all aspects of digital signage to enhance event themes
• Devise new and creative in-game entertainment, including on court promotions, video pieces, fan interactive elements, mascot skits, etc.
• Craft game day graphics including feature titles, lower thirds, fan prompts and stat pages
• Design and build graphic elements to support media presentations for various departments including broadcasting, marketing, web, social media and sponsorship teams
• Manage and oversee the completion of daily affidavit reports
• Assist in the research and implementation of control room system software and hardware upgrades
• Develop organized processes for the department to effectively execute its daily duties
• Perform game night duties as assigned
• Maintain good punctuality and attendance
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or industry equivalent in Visual Effects/Motion Graphics and a minimum 3-5 years' experience in professional motion graphics design/animation
• Knowledge of Cinema 4D, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Word and Excel. Macromedia Flash, Flash ActionScript, Avid Media Composer, Harris Infocaster, Daktronics Show Control and Chyron a plus
• Cinema style, DSLR camera experience preferred
• Working knowledge of general production equipment (Sony XD & FS5, DSLR, audio, lighting, etc.)
• Experience as a non-linear editor for corporate or high action videos is highly preferred
• Self-starter with the ability to work well independently on projects while staying in tune with the needs of a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to take ideas from concept to completion
• Highly organized, with good time management skills and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication
• Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in the Chesapeake Energy Arena in downtown Oklahoma City
• Work schedule will include office hours plus game night work for home games and in-arena events and will include evenings, weekends and holidays
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Producer, Media Production.
Benefits include excellent medical/dental/vision coverage, employee ticket options, 401(k) with matching funds, gym membership subsidy, on-site yoga and much more!
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• How did you hear about this job?