Senior Director, Project Management
NickelodeonNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Director of Project Management is a key leader in facilitating the creation and delivery of all Nickelodeon Preschool property promotion and Nick Jr. brand work across multiple platforms including on-air, off-air marketing/launch kits, digital, and social media. This person is responsible – in collaboration with partners – for setting up and maintaining processes in order to assure that the best possible creative work (to meet Nickelodeon business and communication goals) is conceived, executed and delivered.
The Senior Director of of Project Management role is critical to managing a creative and production schedule process which includes reviews and approvals from across the organization (Senior Management, Creative, Marketing, Standards & Practices, Legal, Digital/Social, etc.) and will be responsible for resolving any conflicts that arise, while ultimately delivering fully vetted assignments and schedules.
The Senior Director of of Project management is responsible for managing and fostering the development of a team of junior project managers and coordinators, and upholding a standard of project management excellence.
• Lead project management and maintain operational excellence and support to the Nickelodeon
• Preschool Brand Creative team
• Manage daily tracking of all projects to keep creative teams on point
• Oversee all project/production schedules ensuring projects deliver on time
• Confirm appropriate vetting and approvals on all stages of creative work
• Maintain and update status reports assuring brief alignment of all teams
• Oversee the distribution/routing of briefs
• Evaluate workflow to streamline process
• Ensure clear communication between stakeholders
• 7 years’ experience in Project Management within TV/Cable is key!
• Bachelors Degree
• Ideally will have a passion for the brand and understanding of Nickelodeon/Nick Jr. properties and culture.
• Project Management/Production Management experience
• Kids TV experience is a plus
• Has experience interacting with senior level executives
• Right Brain/Left Brain strength; strong organizational/analytical skills coupled with a strong creative sensibility and point of view
• Strong leadership and influencing skills
• Competitive nature/passion for winning, coupled with strong diplomatic/negotiation skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Flexible and collaborative, with a flair for “out of the box” thinking