Product Manager, Smart Video
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
You are the ideal candidate if this is you:
• You love preschoolers- learning from them, making them laugh, and expanding their imagination!
• You live vicariously through their experiences- laugh at what they laugh at, feel what they feel.
• You are an agile evangelist - iterate fast, fail fast, have a bias towards action, adore your backlog, prioritize like a boss.
• You are a self-sufficient problem solver. You can be given the criteria for success from your manager and then run with your own implementation details.
• You have an innate appreciation for the power of a cohesive team.
• Your enthusiasm for awesomeness is infectious. Your attention to detail is admirable.
• You’d rather speak to a person than type an email.
• You have a natural curiosity for how complex systems work.
• You possess technical and domain literacy in the areas of app development and streaming video.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• FEEDBACK: Synthesize the product and engineering requests from multiple sources inside and outside the company- customer service, QA, executive champions, usability, consumers - into a single backlog. Work with your manager to prioritize the requests by customer value/impact.
• RESEARCH: Work with our Research department to set up and define usability tests. Review test results to translate findings into actionable feature improvements.
• REPORTING: Parse our reporting metrics to measure success on KPIs. Tie these metrics to actionable tasks - product features, adjustments, opportunities.
• SPRINTS: Shepherd tasks to completion in the agile sprints. Articulate acceptance criteria, answer questions, review completed work, close tickets.
• PRODUCT LIAISON: When necessary, reach out to external sister teams for collaboration, issue resolution, and issue escalation.
• SCOPE: Work closely with PM to make sure scope and resources are aligned for milestone releases.
• DOCUMENTATION: Proactively update our Product Bible with the latest specifications.
• PRESENTATIONS/DEMOS: Assist the Sr. Director, Product – with the preparation of presentations, reports and other product meetings that require assets, materials, data or research.
• COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE: Maintain a close analytic perspective on competitive services that will help identify new feature opportunities.
• BUSINESS TRENDS: Stay current with SVOD, Television, Internet, Mobile, and Connected TV trends, to help inform areas of product development
• RELEASE PROCESS: Help to shepherd releases through our established process of sign-offs and approvals including legal, engineering, marketing, design, editorial, and more.
• Excellent communication skills & a passion for kids.
• 3 years of Product Management experience in at least 2 of the following areas: Games, Mobile, Apps.
• Proven track record of on-time, on-budget project delivery
• Experience with product and project management working in a software environment
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
• Experience developing product specs and ability to identify and prioritize product and project requirements
• Excellent relationship management along with budget management, negotiation, and organizational skills
• Competent soft skills necessary to work across cross functional team
• Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight.
• Eloquent communicator (both written and oral) comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences. Great enthusiasm for kids and advocacy for our user experience.