Associate Producer - Overnight
NewsOne AssociateNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer (Overnight)
The NewsOne Associate Producer produces news content for ABC stations, clients, and internal ABC News users, handles some operational work, shoots video and produces in the field, and works to keep editorial information updated and communicated to customers. This is an Overnight position.
• Produces and edits correspondent news packages and other news material (vo/sot's, social media clips, etc.)
• Researches and gathers editorial and video information and provides to correspondent or news writer.
• Reviews and Determines restrictions for Good Morning America pkgs before deciding which pieces are clear to send to affiliates.
• Primary support for NewsOne Overnight Manager on the Editorial Desk, creating and updating story lineup, generating slugs, story descriptions and inputting latest editorial information. Assist manager in overall news coverage, including making sure completed news pkgs reach stations servers in time for their newscasts, notifying ABC affiliates, clients and internal platforms of latest ABC News editorial and NewsOne coverage plans, reading and approving vo/sot scripts, if necessary, and other duties as assigned.
• Will be trained to produce generic live shots in NewsOne's control room in tandem with Overnight Manager.
• May occasionally be asked to shoot and field produce for specific assignments, sometimes under adverse conditions and for long hours.
• Works collaboratively with correspondents and news writers, keeping them updated on the latest editorial information and video material available.
• Provides excellent content and customer service to ABC's affiliates, clients and internal platforms.
• May be asked to check work of Production Associate for quality control under direction and supervision of manager.
• Routinely offers original story pitches, particularly during Sweeps periods.
• Other duties as requested.
• At least 2 years producing Network News Pieces.
• Must be comfortable working in a ''Live'' control room environment.
• Must be able to work independently and think critically in a high-stress environment, while under deadline pressure.
• Must be proficient with non-linear editing especially Avid Newscutter.
• Knowledge operating TVU and file transfer protocols for live and breaking news coverage.
• Must be able complete a network-quality package within 45 minutes to 1 hour and is responsible for updating the package for later time zones, when news warrants.
• Must have a basic understanding of rights and clearances – using only properly licensed or cleared material, or approved ''fair uses'' of 3rd party content, which are determined by ABC News Legal.
• Knowledge of newsroom wire systems such as I-News.
• Previous Assignment Desk and Newsroom Experience at an affiliate or network is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity