Visual Designer - Interactive
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
In the role of Interactive Visual Designer, you will apply your passion for storytelling and designing gorgeous interfaces to help reimagine the future of entertainment experiences on Netflix. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, to create visually stunning and engaging innovative story-based interfaces for millions of Netflix customers around the world.
Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable creating pixel-perfect comps and design specs as they are establishing creative strategies to help the design team expand the definition of ''interactive" across the entire Netflix experience. You must balance a passion for storytelling, gaming, and creating emotionally resonate designs with a desire of understanding user behavior and success through data, insights, and customer experiences. You're able to provide clear, candid feedback and care immensely about the details. Above all, you will have experience designing visually rich and stylistically diverse interfaces across a range of mediums (video, games, apps) and platforms (TV, mobile, web) for a diverse audience.
Now is an especially exciting time to join our interactive design team as we reimagine the future of entertainment yet again. If you're ready to add your vision-to imagine an alternate future-this is a rare opportunity. The things you discover and create will have widespread impact.
• Initiate, explore, and prototype visual design solutions and products from concept to completion across Interactive Originals.
• Collaborate with fellow designers (product, motion) and prototypers to explore and evolve interactive content experiences.
• Create visually interesting exploratory comps, production assets, and detailed visual specs.
• As an expert storyteller you'll establish and articulate a clear and consistent design vision for the work you do everyday.
• Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product Management and Marketing.
• Embrace A/B testing to understand what design solutions best work toward engaging viewers and retaining them.
• 8 years of professional hands-on design experience.
• Portfolio of UI-focused work samples featuring apps and games for web/mobile/TV.
• Experience defining and evolving design systems, from brand and visuals to motion, prototypes and ultimately working with directly engineering. partners through launch.
• Expert eye for detail and high-quality creative.
• Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership and strategic ability.
• A love of television, film, and interactive games.
• An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions.
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well.
• Illustration, motion graphics and storyboarding is a plus.
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100 million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
• In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot.