Visual Communications Manager, Consumer PR
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's not often there's an opportunity to help define brand media strategy for a fast growing and highly admired company. Fueled by consumer delight in being able to instantly watch unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix subscriber growth has been enormous in recent years with the company now offering its service to more than 100 million members across the globe. Our upside potential has never been greater, and there's never been a more promising time to join Netflix.
The Visual Communications team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds: asset creation & global communication strategy. We specialize in bringing stories to life in earned media via creative materials. We are seeking an individual to lead creative materials within global Netflix brand campaigns with the goal of editorial coverage.
This role will work with the global Consumer PR team responsible for developing press stories, narratives and campaigns around the role Netflix plays in transforming entertainment. In addition, they will work with the US and Latin America teams to plan and execute regional specific campaign elements. To successfully develop creative materials for Netflix brand PR campaigns, this role will produce shoots & oversee creative development and execution. Additionally, they will spearhead communication with the regional consumer PR teams in addition to cross functional partners across publicity, marketing & social. Success in this position requires international expertise, a fluency around our content, and a creative mind who can take a press story and translate it into visual assets. Expertise creating creative campaigns that work across all types of media, that are regionally sensitive and deliver on the a brand story is key.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative personality and strong project management skills. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. They must have a strong project management background and are able to strategically plan and execute across multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate must be extremely well organized, creative, a succinct communicator, a team player and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated, possess integrity and able to work autonomously across multiple teams. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their colleagues to do the same.
This job is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Director of Visual Communications in Los Angeles.
Here at Netflix, we don't have rules and regulations. We hire adults who act responsibly on the resources and freedom they are given to do their work, and we expect high performance in return.
• 8 years experience at an in-house agency, brand and/or studio
• Strategic thought partner
• Strong team player
• Strong eye & skillset for producing visual assets
• Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills
• Experience working with international markets is preferred
• Ability to handle high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and departments simultaneously and manage competing priorities
• Must be able to work independently, make sound decisions, think strategically, and maintain accuracy and attention to detail
• Must possess solid organizational, effective time management and excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external teams
• Understand the photography/video industry
• Strong knowledge in digital file specs & size formats
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Creative - Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively - connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator - Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed - Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A Smart Minimalist - Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace - Moves at a nice pace and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
• Integrity - Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
• An Adult - Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.