Full Time Job
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented VAT Specialist who would be part of our global VAT hub in Amsterdam. As a VAT Specialist you would support our international operations by guiding Netflix into the future while helping to manage global VAT filings, day-to-day VAT issues, driving global VAT projects and monitoring the constantly changing VAT legislation all over the world. You will work closely with the International Tax Team across our international offices, external firms and multiple internal departments to advise, build efficient processes and comply with global VAT regulations. The successful candidate is a flexible worker, eager to dig into details, accurate, and also has a vision.
With over 100 million members worldwide, international expansion is critical to our success and overarching goal of changing the future of television around the world. Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Check out our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The International VAT Specialist will be based in our Amsterdam office, but will also cooperate with our tax and financial reporting teams in California, Singapore and São Paulo. You will assist in handling day-to-day VAT issues and be responsible for our outsourced global compliance.
include but are not limited to:
• Collecting and auditing data for indirect tax returns and managing global compliance deadlines;
• Reviewing draft returns prepared by third parties and managing third party service provider communications;
• Tracking global indirect tax developments on digital services and communicating with outside counsel regarding country specific legislation and possible registrations;
• Advising cross-functionally with teams such as Accounts Payable, Business Development, Open Connect and Legal.
Our ideal candidate would:
• Have an Advanced Degree in Tax, specialized in Indirect Tax;
• Have 3-5 years experience in a larger tax firm and/or in-house experience. A combination is preferred;
• Be experienced in international VAT filings;
• Live and breathe VAT;
• Have strong communication skills - including the ability to develop and cultivate relationships with other teams/departments (both internal and external);
• Be willing to travel;
• Be fluent in English. Dutch and other languages are a plus;
• Be a digital native, have advanced Microsoft Excel & Google skills; andhave experience with cloud based ERP systems as a plus.
Our ideal VAT Specialist is an indirect tax expert who is an effective communicator who thrives in a challenging environment. You would have the capacity to both think and do, be able to work independently and also remotely, will flourish in a ''hands-on'' role while possessing sufficient intellectual curiosity and analytical skills. You will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.