Program Manager, Partnerships & Outreach - Studio Technologies
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content. Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Studio Technologies team does by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix Original Productions and staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. Our engineers are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, we are scaling to support the needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change.
As part of the Studio Technologies group, you will:
• Contribute to the creation of a global technical production support system through documentation, events, and partnerships with vendors and technical professionals.
• Engage external parties (vendors, production companies, industry associations...) to adapt and better support Netflix's production goals around the globe, helping our production partners pivot to meet our requirements and objectives through advocacy, education and strategic initiatives.
• Evaluate studio production technology strategies and adoption across the industry.
• Explore new technology trends and products in the professional and consumer space.
• Investigate local practices in international production centers, evaluating readiness to produce Netflix Originals.
• Help guide picture, audio and archival specifications.
• Support productions directly, by answering questions and suggesting solutions to technical challenges.
• Define best practices for Netflix Originals worldwide.
• 8 years of industry experience in a technical and strategic capacity, interacting with creatives, technology specialists and operators
• Understanding of a variety of motion picture workflows and practices across different types of content
• Knowledge of industry standards and the bodies that ratify them
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production
• A strong grasp of content security practices and challenges
• Knowledge of A/V distribution formats and consumer technology
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical concepts and explain how they impact the creative process
• Experience on international productions
• Confident conversational speaker in one or several of the following languages: Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese
• A passion for sound and the moving image.
You have a deep understanding of production workflows and best practices that cultivate quality, security, efficiency and longevity of content across all levels of motion picture production. You understand current pipelines, techniques and tools, and how they've developed as technology and creative demands have evolved. You have worked with standards bodies, equipment manufacturers, technology thinkers, industry associations, studios, production and post services vendors to drive standards or initiatives.