Senior Manager, Studio Operations Accounting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's an exciting time to join Netflix with over 104 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day including award winning original content. It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to build out and manage the accounting for our growing Studios Operations and Post-Production activities. This position will reside in the company's Los Angeles based office and will report to the Director and Controller-Original Programming. The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a deep knowledge of studio operations and how best manage the accounting workflows, can drive innovative process improvements to help us scale, has the courage to challenge prevailing assumptions, and can develop strong cross functional relationships with business partners across the company. The Studios Finance Operations team provides support to cross-functional business partners.
• Ensuring the accuracy of cost allocations, project and financial reporting (close, accruals, journal entries and reconciliations).
• Strong knowledge of entertainment accounting (US GAAP)
• Building out a ''best in class'' studio operations accounting team model
• Building relationships with cross-functional business partners (Finance, Operations, etc.)
• Driving innovative process and system baselines and improvement projects to automate and simplify as we scale
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Economics, or Business Administration required.
• CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
• 12 or more years of relevant experience preferred.
• Management Consulting, Public Accounting (Big 4 preferred) and/or Internal Audit.
• Experience with accounting close and consolidationsIndustry experience in entertainment, facilities management, real estate, retail services, and/or manufacturing (preferred).
• MS Excel (proficient in using advanced macros and pivot tables).