Senior Manager, Production Finance, Animation and Live Action Series
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This is your chance to be on the ground floor with a team that is transforming entertainment through original productions, changing the perception of what great content is and how it should be enjoyed and celebrated. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 100 million streaming members globally. It's a great time to join Netflix.
The Senior Manager of Production Finance for Kids and Family will be instrumental in creating and implementing the production finance goals of the Originals Kids and Family team. The goals include i) partnering with the senior creative, business and production team leaders to manage the investment through tactical and strategic solutions ii) providing accurate, timely and complete production budgets and estimated final costs iii) protecting company assets through cash management, policies and procedures and iv) providing shows with the production finance support to facilitate producing great content.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Accounting Staff and the Netflix Originals team to deliver the highest quality original entertainment content.
• Research, develop and test new technologies that provide the next generation of production finance tools and determine how and when to best incorporate into the production accounting workflow.
• Hire the most talented production accounting teams with the skill set to provide the highest level of production accounting support on shows that are some of the most ambitious and complex to be ever produced. Accounting teams must be self –motivated, resourceful, dedicated, hardworking, focused and strive for only the highest level of professional ethics, consistent mathematical accuracy and completeness, and embody the Netflix ethos.
• Liaise with Netflix HR, Labor Relations, Content Accounting, Internal Audit, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT to ensure production finance policies and procedures are current and effectively implemented on our productions.
• Prepare initial production budgets.
• Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Ensure that insurance claim costs are accurate and adequately supported by schedules, invoices and payroll documents.
• Manage the cash flow and funding processes.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Identify problem area as quickly as possible including breakdown in communication between department heads, upm's, producers and accountants and minimal use of PO's.
• Develop relationships with Film Commissioners, CPA audit firms, Accountants, Producers and Payroll Companies to build resources and networks from which to poll industry information and help ensure all production finance processes are current, reasonable and timely.
• Facilitate the training and mentoring of junior production accounting staff on Netflix shows with the goal of increasing the pool of loyal stellar accounting candidates for future Netflix productions.
• Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies, production incentives and changes in crew capacity and infrastructure support in the main worldwide production centers.
• Travel to production locations where our shows are filming to audit, review workflows, organizational abilities and effectiveness of accounting staff.
• Candidates must have 15 years in scripted production finance and production accounting with a preferred emphasis in kids scripted and animated content.
• Broad understanding of production incentives.
• Solid understanding of payroll process, union labor agreements and tax requirements.
• Complete understanding of P2P process and tax requirements.
• Expert skill level of Movie Magic Budgeting and either Vista or PSL production accounting systems.
• College degree in accounting or finance from a well-known university is preferred.
• Proven ability to lead and manage a team.
• Solution focused.
• Ability to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.