Senior Manager, Content Accounting
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 100 million streaming members around the world. Do you want to have a leadership role in assessing and deciding how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy using and analyzing data to affect critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build an expertise in streamed content accounting.
This role provides you the chance to be a leader on a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
• Manage an accounting team based in Los Angeles that is responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization). You will directly report into the Senior Content Accounting leadership.
• Oversee the set up (in proprietary contract management system) and accounting of content license contracts, including license fee uploads and payment term assignments.
• Review and documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
• Cross-functional interaction with teams in Los Gatos and Los Angeles, including the content finance and acquisition organizations.
• Are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
• Have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
• Are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view .
• You have a minimum of 12 years of experience in accounting backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance. Some public accounting experience is required, a CPA license highly preferred.
• You have proficient knowledge of ASC 926 & 920 and their practical application to business workflows, policies.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.