Senior Counsel, Global Film
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 104 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix seeks a seasoned and intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's independent film division, with a focus on financing, producing and acquiring indie films like The Fundamentals of Caring, Tallulah, Win It All and To The Bone. The candidate will be a key member of the independent film legal team, responsible for structuring, drafting and negotiating production services agreements, license agreements and other production, finance and acquisition agreements for film. The candidate must be comfortable challenging norms in order to accomplish Netflix's objectives and execute the original film and content acquisition strategies. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing business and legal affairs matters that arise throughout the production process, including managing outside production counsel and negotiating above-the-line talent agreements. The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal and external business partners, producers, production counsel and production partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. Excellent drafting skills are a must.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The successful candidate will have at least ten (10) years of development, production and finance experience in independent film working for a production company or law firm.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think pragmatically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for indie film and Netflix's film strategy