Senior Content Accountant
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to 100 million streaming members around the world. Have you ever wondered how we assess and decide how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy reviewing and analyzing large data that is used in critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues in Los Angeles who share a passion to continue to build an expertise in streamed content accounting.
This role provides you the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience - we'd like you to have 5 years of experience under your belt (some from the Big 4 / public accounting is necessary) backed by a bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance; CPA license is preferred.
• Attention to detail love for data - We pride ourselves on producing high quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems and questions; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
• Enthusiasm and quick learning - Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you may have not worked in the content accounting space. Industry experience in a studio environment a plus, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position and capable of learning quickly.
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
• Based in our Hollywood office, reporting to the senior management team in Content Accounting.
• Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
• Review, interpretation, documentation, setup & management (in proprietary contract management system), and accounting of content deals: preparation and review of monthly accounting entries, reconciliations, CFO metrics, and other ad hoc analysis.
• Drive process improvements and own projects such as accounting policy review, risk analysis and SOX controls, finance systems design and testing, metrics dashboard and reporting, and more.
• Cross-functional interaction with teams in Los Gatos (GL/financial reporting, IT/finance systems, data science and reporting) and Los Angeles (content acquisition, legal, content planning and analysis, content operations).
As Netflix continues its content expansion, the accounting complexity is growing. We face new challenges on a daily basis, and we're looking for accountants eager to join us!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.