NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
As Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The Corporate Accounting team is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for strategic support of global Open Connect and other Corporate functions. Open Connect is our global content delivery network delivering billion hours per month of video streaming around the world.
• Global Open Connect accounting. Understanding of inventory accounting is a plus.
• Cross-functional interaction with Open Connect team, FP&A, Legal, IT, Tax, Finance Operations, Internal Audit
• Team with business partners to ensure accounting has reviewed all material contracts and commitments
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting for Open Connect components of our P&L, and related balance sheet accounts around PP&E, Prepaids and Accruals, among others.
• Create insightful close package that summarize key business and accounting updates and presenting them to groups of Netflix managers and directors.
• Drive process improvement projects to streamline and automate manual workflows.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 7 years of relevant experience
• Understanding of US GAAP; Big 4 experience a plus
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Curious and enthusiastic, that's not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Proven project management experience
• Adaptable - You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of finance and accounting issues and projects.
• Drive process improvements and own projects such as automating manual workflows, risk analysis and SOX controls, finance systems design and testing, and more.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.