Screen Credits Coordinator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With over 100 Million subscribers, edgy original shows and movies, and breakfast burrito Wednesdays, working at Netflix today is more exciting than ever. People around the globe, in over 190 countries, are eagerly awaiting our next gripping show to binge, next film to open their horizons and next comedy special to leave them in stitches. Pivoting from our DVD-mailing origins, we continue to expand our studio, original productions and online entertainment experience. Our evolution is a prime example of the bold innovation that goes on within our offices; we're shaking up the industry and have so much more to achieve. If you're ready for the challenges and rewards of working at Netflix, then read on!
Netflix is seeking an experienced Screen Credits Coordinator.
Working at Netflix with the Screen Credits Team is really cool. Take it from the esteemed website Inverse.com --- Not to brag, but our team ranked #5 on the Coolest Jobs at Netflix list.
We're looking for someone who has 3 years of Film and/or TV credits experience, who has handled credits in such a capacity that they are confident in navigating the complexities of the screen credits world. Must have a basic understanding of the various Guild and Union credit requirements. Knowledge of the evolving Made for New Media landscape is a big plus. Most importantly we're looking for a strong Netflix culture fit. Production or Post experience is a plus.
Some of the job responsibilities include:
• Set up projects on google drive with the screen credit forms, templates and guidelines and assign user access.
• Coordinate with production and various teams (e.g., post-production, production legal, producers, creatives, business affairs, finance, clearance, marketing, etc) during all phases of production as it relates to screen credits.
• Review and approve screen credits (main, opening & end titles) for each project.
• Coordinate all internal and external approvals for screen credits.
• Acquire all screen credit waivers and approvals required from Guilds/Unions.
• Ensure that the delivery of final credits meets the deadline of the final lock of picture.
• Review and approve final screen credit checkers and QC.
• Review contracts associated with the project (incl. but not limited to director, writer, producers, production staff, legal finance, and even down to 'special thanks' language built into a smaller contracts).
• Create screen credit statements for various departments reference such as Marketing, Post-Production, and Legal.
• Build forms and templates to improve the workflow and efficiencies of the department.
• Educate internal teams on guild and union credit requirements/restrictions.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills:
• Clear and concise communication - Are you the friend who coordinates and disseminates plans with the focus of an air traffic controller?
• Keen attention to detail and good judgment - You love to dig into the specifics of a project with the eagle eye of an auditor, but you know when the particulars truly matter.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment - Are you the type of person who needs someone to micromanage each part of your day and tasks? Need not apply.
• Flexible, innovative, and solution driven team player - Do you hate superfluous hierarchy and bureaucracy? Do you love to pitch in to brainstorm solutions when new challenges arise? Yes? Perfect.