Publicity Manager - Thailand
Full Time Job
Netflix is looking for a Manager to lead publicity for its original programing for Thailand based out of our Singapore office. We are looking for someone who is equipped and excited to spearhead publicity campaigns with passion and creativity. With great original content like 13 Reasons Why, Marvel' The Punisher, Stranger Things, Riverdale, Narcos, Bright and many more on the horizon, the Manager will strategize and execute innovative campaigns to build the business in the market. We are looking for someone who rapidly consumes entertainment and is passionate and curious about the growing global entertainment landscape.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries. Powered by a work culture focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the leading Internet Entertainment service in the world, with a chance to work on content that feature high production value from the brightest filmmakers and actors around the world, using the latest technology.
The Manager will create, shape, and execute campaigns for series, films, documentaries and comedies making use of multiple earned media channels, including broadcast, print and online. They will focus on creating cultural moments and high impact campaigns, explore new promotional tactics. She or he will pitch media, secure opportunities and cover set visits or help plan and work junkets. She or he has also worked alongside agencies, or has managed agencies on retainer. They can formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully.
The ideal candidate is able to make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and thinks strategically. He/she doesn't fall back on PR 101 tactics and is eager to put a new spin on what a media campaign can be. They can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do. He or she is a good listener and a real doer, and is able to multi-task and work at a clip pace. They are not afraid to get their hands dirty - and that could mean jumping in to handle tasks that range from writing a strategy, writing a project announcement, booking travel or negotiating hair and make-up. They collaborate well with partners that range from content/programming to marketing to social to product and beyond. Strong candidates can handle a vast amount of work and they are eager to learn. They are curious and also contribute effectively outside of their speciality. They aren't timid about assessing their work when they are done to explore what they could have done differently or better. A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style. They are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and question values inconsistent with our values and Netflix culture. They understand that sometimes the job requires delivering bad news, and they're tactful in handling such issues.
The successful candidate for Manager, Originals Publicity Thailand will have at least 10 years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting. She/he will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media. Fluency & strong writing ability in both English and Thai is required.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• Creative - Demonstrated ability to think innovatively-connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Succinct Communicator - Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed - Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• A smart minimalist - Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
• Has a Point of View - An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
• Pace - Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
• Integrity - Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
• An Adult - Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
• Reporting Relationship - The Manager, Originals Publicity reports to the Director of Originals Publicity, APAC.