Project Manager, Production Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We want to empower the production landscape, utilizing never-before-seen streamlined, cutting-edge production technology. This empowerment comes with maximizing production efficiencies individually and as a whole to facilitate creation of the world's best streaming content. We're looking for a Project Manager who embodies this passion for change with a keen knowledge of what technology can do for production now and in the future.
The Project Manager will be assigned to multiple production technology initiatives as the primary business lead for production/studio related workflows when building in-house applications and partnering on third party builds and/or buys. This role will be responsible for deriving business requirements as it relates to product functionality with a primary focus on identifying and solving for key production workflows. The Project Manager will outline, socialize and prioritize action items and team assignments as the primary project owner. Candidate must have a strong background in the studio/production environment combined with a passion for excellence and change management experience in utilizing cloud-based technologies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify current production workflows and ideate on translating those workflows utilizing technology.
• Generate detailed business requirements that represent operational workflows pertaining to new technology.
• Partner with product managers, technical program managers and engineering managers across internal delivery teams at Netflix, representing the needs of the production team as a whole and on a given product.
• Partner with the Tech Ops team on product testing and product launch, with a keen eye on driving tactical adoption.
• Socialize project timelines across Netflix and maintain accountability on deliverables.
• Establish industry relationships with crew-level end-users and third-party technology vendors.
• 10 years with entertainment production or post production, either freelance or studio-based.
• Keen understanding of current production, post, vfx, prod accounting workflows and how technology is used (and will be used in future).
• Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and how they are used in an operational capacity within entertainment and outside of entertainment.
• Willingness to regularly travel.
• Strong ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos.
• Sharp assessment skills with an ability to vet wants vs. needs.
• Comfortable with running lean.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.