Project Manager, Content Distribution - Kids & Family
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for film and TV? Are you a natural problem-solver? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and keep cool under pressure? Do you get excited about helping to bring amazing stories to over 100M people worldwide? If you just said "check, check, check, and check," this role could be for you.
The Content Distribution Project Manager manages the successful global launch of film and TV content. Not only will s/he manage multiple external relationships, but s/he will also partner with various internal cross-functional teams to bring both licensed and original content to our customers globally. This job is based in Hollywood, CA.
In this role you will:
• Project-manage titles throughout the lifecycle from greenlight through go-live
• Oversee asset creation/delivery from external content partners as well as internal post production and localization teams
• Be the primary point of contact for communicating title status to internal business, creative and Product teams
• Monitor exceptions and own overall title readiness
• Proactively manage the downstream impact of issues and delays
• Stay highly aligned with cross-functional teams and understand their workflows to effectively troubleshoot issues and ensure the successful launch of a title while upholding our product requirements
• Be a good decision maker, informed by context and expertise from relevant teams to make good judgment calls around which assets do and do not go live
• Navigate a variety of technical and content management systems
• Assist in improving and scaling our workflows and tools
If you are the right person for this role:
• You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes simpler and better
• You know how to manage competing priorities
• You communicate clearly and succinctly and can adjust according to your audience
• You have keen judgment and can make decisions without agonizing
• You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions
• You strive to make your team members better by giving real-time feedback
• You are comfortable with change
• You live out our culture and values in the workplace
Do you have what it takes?
• Prior experience in content distribution or digital operations
• Proven project management experience and team leadership
• Prior experience in a studio, posthouse, or online content provider preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Language fluency other than English is a plus
We currently have opportunities available on our Kids Content Distribution team.