Production Support Engineer Emea, Studio Technologies
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, a lot of it original content: features, shorts, series, documentaries, comedy specials and unscripted content.
Optimizing content quality and longevity without compromising efficiency and creative vision across all types of projects presents significant challenges, but that's what the Studio Technologies team does by setting technical requirements and best practices, driving new industry standards, consulting on the studio's technical infrastructure, providing direct support to Netflix Original Productions and staying up-to-date with the most advanced developments in professional and consumer technology. Our engineers are subject matter experts who offer varied yet overlapping backgrounds in motion picture production, post-production and distribution - image science, editorial, color correction, image capture, encoding, compression, storage, video, audio... Every day, we collaborate with the crews as well as our internal production, post-production, distribution, marketing, facilities and development teams.
As Netflix creates more and more programming around the world leveraging new video and audio production technology, we are scaling to support the needs of diverse creative teams while continuing to foster industry-wide change.
As part of the Studio Technologies group, you will:
• Provide technical support to Netflix Originals productions.
• Represent the Netflix Studio Technologies group at industry functions, conferences, committee meetings, etc. in Europe.
• Troubleshoot media assets for conformance to Netflix Originals specifications.
• Educate various internal and external teams on Netflix Originals technical specifications and production best practices.
• Explore, analyze and document local production practices, challenges and opportunities.
• Devise and carry-out local strategies to achieve our global goals.
• Work with internal engineering teams to inform design of Netflix systems to serve local needs.
• Create blogs, documentation and other support resources to educate creative partners and vendors about our requirements and initiatives.
• Evaluate local vendors for readiness to service Netflix Originals productions.
• Maintain currency on Audio, Video and Streaming technology.
• Strong customer orientation and helpful, collaborative demeanor.
• An ability to translate technical jargon into layman terms.
• Minimum of 5-years of film/TV production or post-production experience.
• Extensive understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows with an ability to quickly analyze and reconcile external operations against those of Netflix.
• Understanding of common industry tools and local production practices across Europe.
• Willingness and aptitude to educate both internal and external entities with varying degrees of knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Ability to develop long-standing relationships with post-production operational teams.
• Ability to communicate and interact on a Global level and frame projects with sensitivity to cultural diversity and industrial variation.
• Knowledge of industry standards in and the bodies that ratify them.
• Knowledge of and relationships with technology solutions, equipment and service vendors across post and production.
• Confident conversational speaker in one or several of the following, in addition to English: French, Spanish, Italian, German.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.