Product Designer - Interactive Content
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
In the role of Designer - Interactive Content, you will apply your passion for design and storytelling to help reimagine the future of entertainment experiences on Netflix. You will work closely with a talented team of designers, product managers, engineers, content executives, and external partners to create the next generation of story experiences for millions of Netflix viewers around the world.
Our ideal candidate will be equally comfortable shaping narrative experiences as they are defining patterns and principles to help the design team expand the definition of ''interactive" across the entire Netflix experience. You must balance a passion for storytelling and creating inspiring and emotionally resonate designs with a desire of understanding user behavior and success through data, insights, and customer experiences. You're able to provide clear, candid feedback and care immensely about the details. Above all, you will have experience designing unconventional story experiences across a wide range of mediums and platforms for a diverse audience.
Now is an especially exciting time to join our design team as we evolve the future of entertainment yet again. If you're ready to add your vision-to imagine an alternate future-this is a rare opportunity. The things you discover and create will have widespread impact.
• Initiate, define and lead new design projects from concept to completion across Interactive Originals.
• Collaborate with fellow designers (visual, interactive, motion) and prototypers to explore and evolve interactive content experiences on Netflix.
• Partner with the content team, creators and producers to envision and execute compelling interactive narrative experiences.
• As an expert storyteller you'll articulate a vision for design and content through the work you do everyday.
• Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product Management, Content, and Marketing.
• An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions that will engage viewers and retain them.
• 8-10 years professional hands-on design experience.
• Comprehensive content production experience in the development of linear and interactive narratives.
• Proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion, doing everything possible to ensure their success.
• Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership and strategic ability.
• An appreciation of A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions.
• Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web/mobile/tv applications.
• Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, and proactive.
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
• A love of television and film, and interactive games.
• Game design, storyboarding, and video editing is a plus.
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100 million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
• In order to attract deep talent, we pay top of market. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately. We expect a lot.