Producer, Interactive Content
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
About the Job
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people with movies and television globally by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation.
One of the ways we are doing this is by evolving the way we tell stories such as developing interactive content and non-linear, branching narrative programming for kids and adults (more about that here). We are looking for a passionate and experienced Producer to join our Product Design team to help bring these new, groundbreaking stories to life on Netflix.
What We Expect
As a Producer, your primary role will be to partner with our internal product innovation teams and external content makers to drive new forms of content from pre-production through implementation on the service. You will communicate our product, design and engineering needs to studios and showrunners and facilitate the delivery of content assets across multiple titles. You will be creating, managing, and sharing development schedules, ensuring that those deadlines are being met and communicating updates to cross-functional partners to ensure that we achieve product goals. This is a new model for Netflix and you will help develop the processes to produce this type of content at scale. Your work will have a direct impact on the future of the Netflix member experience.
• 10 years as a content producer working within an interactive, creative studio or gaming environment
• Expert knowledge of content production and development
• Proven ability to partner with creators, writers, talent, animators, line producers, etc.
• Superior communication and project management skills
• Can thrive in an innovative environment without an established workflow or process
• Ability to liaison and ''morph'' between product/engineering teams and creative teams
• Can guide a project with multiple technical and creative moving parts
• Understanding of user experience and design specifications
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Willingness/ability to travel domestically - 10-20%
• Prior experience working in-house within software and interactive products/apps
• Samples that show a breadth of produced work
• Traditional entertainment production experience
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100 million member across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.
Submit resume & any applicable work samples or links.