Originals Publicity Travel Manager - EMEA
Full Time Job
Take this opportunity to join the largest internet television network in the world, in a newly-created role that will coordinate talent arrangements, press travel and implement a highly-efficient workflow in support of our original content that is now being produced and streamed globally. Netflix is recruiting for a Travel Manager to join our team in Amsterdam.
The chance to work with a team that is transforming television through quality content that launches worldwide, available at once, on an innovative platform that enables viewers to watch anytime, on any device. With popular series such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black,The Crown,Marvel's Luke Cage and many more. Netflix has grown to more than 100 million streaming members in more than 190 countries.
The Travel Manager will play a key role in supporting the growing EMEA Originals publicity and events team. A key component of the role will be to identify and implement process improvements across the team, whilst (in tandem) managing the team's interaction with the processes you devise. Tasks are varied, extensive and timely. They will include, but are not limited to: handling high-volume travel desk ; communicating with all levels of employees, regional publicity agencies, talent and talent representatives to provide exceptional service in a timely and efficient manner; ability to adjust room blocks as needed to avoid attrition penalties; able to verify hotels adhere to the comprehensive list of concessions; able to create and maintain hotel rooming lists; handle high-volume travel and hotel desk for specific events such as European festivals etc… and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is:
• Professional and an adult.
• Calm when under pressure.
• Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Thorough, completes tasks and follows up. A fan of television, film and pop culture.
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Flexible, with the ability to pivot and adjust to the team's needs.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Organized, organized, organized -- i.e. there's a label on your label maker -- and meticulous about the details. Every single one of them.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure. A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Experienced in implementing a functional and smooth-running system of travel booking.
• A top notch communicator who is able to keep abreast of changes and communicate these key updates to partners efficiently.
• Able to take and give candid feedback.
• Knows Google Drive like the back of their hand.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
The successful candidate for Travel Manager will have at least 5 years of entertainment/production travel experience required in high volume environment. To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
Demonstrated ability to think innovatively connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed
Has a big capacity to both think and do. Flourishes in a hands on role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
A Smart Minimalist
Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex---and will resist and prevent that.
Has a Point of View
An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
Moves quickly and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.
The Travel Manager will report directly to the Director of EMEA Originals Publicity.