Originals Publicity Manager, Series - EMEA
Full Time Job
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members across the globe. With continued international expansion and a move into original series acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Are you an entertainment publicity expert in a particular European territory with a pan-European curiosity?
Or are you a European publicist with working knowledge of a local media landscape and a strategic mind?
Do you enjoy strategising publicity and promotional campaigns?
Do you re-evaluate publicity campaigns that you have worked on to appraise what you could have done different or better?
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you:
The Originals Publicity Manager, Series - EMEA will be based in Amsterdam and will work as part of the Originals Publicity team to formulate and implement strategy across Europe for the growing slate of Netflix Original series. The position will provide a critical link between agencies in Europe and Netflix in promoting Original series content on the service. It's the chance to be part of changing the entertainment landscape across the globe and to seize the opportunity to take different approaches in managing and executing promotional and publicity campaigns.
The Manager will work across several different disciplines that bring Original series to fruition here at Netflix. They will independently formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their team members to do the same. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonising and will be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment devoid of bureaucracy and layers.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: formulating and implementing European strategy, writing press releases, managing set visit nominations, scheduling international junkets, liaising with journalists, talent representatives and talent, implementing screening strategy and assisting with the management of agencies across Europe.
• The successful candidate for the Original Series Publicity Manager - Europe role will likely:
• Have 7-10 years of experience in an entertainment PR setting - either agency, studio or TV network.
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
• Be a clear and concise communicatorHave excellent media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment while working well across disciplines to execute campaigns.
• Have experience managing agencies and be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
• Proficiency in English is a must. A second language is preferable.
• Pack your bags because domestic and international travel is a requirement.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
• A concise communicator and a smart minimalist. Great writer and clear talker. Can organise, summarise, clarify and communicate ideas succinctly and accurately.
• An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
• The ability to innovate - connecting the dots where others cannot. Able to draw insight from information. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
• Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Pace moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
• Pragmatic, organised and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'.
• Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels.
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
• Is a mature adult, motivated by what is best for Netflix.