Music Contract Administrator
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we're excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers. With over 100 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
Netflix seeks an experienced Music Contract Administrator to help support our expanding slate of Originals content (Series, Film, Documentary, Comedy, Unscripted and Kids programming). This role will have broad responsibility for managing the tracking, organization, distribution and processing of a high volume of contracts for the Music Team, from signature to distribution, archiving, processing and arranging for payment.
This is not your traditional Contract Administrator role: you will manage vital components of our music contract administration process, not just ''contract management,'' and have visibility into all facets of our music business and the larger scope of Netflix's expansion. If this sounds intriguing, read on for the details...
As a seasoned Music Contract Administrator, you know the ins-and-outs of the music industry, and its jargon is second nature to you. You know exactly what it takes to use music in a production, you understand the significance of master use and synchronization licenses and you know what a composer agreement and music supervisor agreement covers. Your organizational skills are unparalleled and in your view, there's no contract detail that's too small or insignificant. Your expert eye for detail means you know how to review music agreements (be they master use or synchronization licenses, composer agreements, music supervisor agreements, producer or songwriter agreements) for the key information needed for contract administration purposes, and flag any critical information that's missing.
Your organization talents mean that you're not fazed by a high volume of contracts and, in fact, you seek a role that provides an opportunity to learn more about the business and to take on more than traditional contract management responsibilities, with a strong voice in shaping our contract management systems. If so far this sounds not only undaunting, but exciting, this is the role you've been looking for.
The successful candidate will be one who seeks out these values. He or she thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. He or she places thoughtful efficiency over process yet knows how to work with organizations or institutions who may not hold the same beliefs.
This role is based in Netflix's Los Angeles office and reports to one of the Managers, Music Licensing of the Music Group, part of the Business & Legal Affairs team at Netflix. The Music Group is based in Los Angeles, London and Berlin and is responsible for all of Netflix's global music business and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix Originals through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally.
• Tracking, administering and processing music licenses, other music agreements, including composer and music supervisor agreements, from signature/countersignature to distribution, archiving and processing, including requesting, coordinating and submitting payments, facilitating signatures and distributing agreements.
• Overseeing and confirming legal deliverables for music deals and collaborating with the legal delivery teams to confirm and provide the same.
• Acting as internal - and external - point-of-contact? for payment-related questions.
• Proactively review and analyze music agreements - and concisely articulate issues using? business, legal, creative, production and financial context.
• Managing, maintaining, and updating various dashboards, production calendars, and document management and rights management trackers.
• Drafting, reviewing and issuing licenses.
• Assist in evaluating next generation technologies for - contract administration and - production finance tools to determine how and when to best incorporate them into the music workflow.
• Participating in other projects relating to Netflix's music needs.
• The successful candidate will have:
• BA/BS degree and 5-10 years of contract administration experience in the music department at a major production company, film/television studio or television network.
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
• Tech savvy, with proficiency in Gmail and Google Docs, and a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
• Clear, concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight timeframes in a fast-paced production environment.
• Skill working collaboratively with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change, feedback and new ideas.
• Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed and tackle matters outside area of expertise.