Market Intelligence Analyst, Content Legal Talent Team
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
With 100 million subscribers in over 190 countries, Netflix continues to expand the boundaries of both the technology and entertainment landscape. The Talent Acquisition team is at the forefront of this industry change, and as we expand our knowledge, the team is looking for a Market Intelligence Analyst (MIA) to provide in-depth market research and data analysis to support the growth of Content Legal organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our business and market trends and for providing high-level industry intelligence for the Talent Acquisition team in Los Angeles. Working directly with the existing (small and nimble) MIA Team, the role will focus on collecting and analyzing data to build out our knowledge of the competitive landscape. The successful candidate will also be responsible for sharing this information with internal partners and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and influencing them towards decisions that have business impact.
• Assist the Talent Acquisition team by designing and implementing effective research strategies to map out talent movement and talent trends in Legal;
• Partner with researchers, recruiters, and Content Legal team to build and maintain current and future legal candidate pipelines;
• Conduct public research and collect data on competitors in the marketplace and create up-to-date organizational charts and talent maps;
• Conduct compensation benchmarking and compile concise compensation reports;
• Prepare and present relevant reports to Content Legal leaders and the Talent Acquisition team covering subjects like company mergers & acquisitions, layoffs, promotions, changes in employee benefits, etc.;
• Be the eyes and ears to industry news, read the daily trades (Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline, etc.) and provide regular updates to the Talent Acquisition team);
• Collect, collate, and input data into our Applicant Tracking System and our existing, internal MIA site;
• Build strategic relationships with law schools and diversity legal organizations; identify opportunity to host or attend events that help further our reach to passive talent
• Support ad hoc projects, training & development initiatives
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a proactive and critical thinker with expertise in data analysis and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies with a passion for strengthening and growing the Netflix brand. The successful candidate will have the ability to process and synthesize complex information effectively and communicate in a concise manner. S/he needs to be extremely detail oriented, preferably with experience in a market research role from a notable media/entertainment company or a solid research background from an executive search firm. S/he should be equally comfortable conducting deep research and presenting this information to internal partners, including executives.
• BA/BS degree is required.
• Experience or keen interest in the entertainment industry highly preferred.
• Must understand fundamental organizational structures of large companies and have a history of performing complex research using a variety of tools to understand how corporations and their component departments are structured.
• Understanding of legal departments' structure and function or a demonstrated ability to learn new skills and familiarize themselves with new business functional areas rapidly and autonomously.
• Ability to make the leap from information to insight. Ability to gather and leverage data to inform and influence decisions. Ability to identify, nurture and help refine compelling ideas and concepts. Connecting the dots when others cannot.
• Succinct Communication. Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions.
• Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and 'do'. Flourishes in a 'hands on' role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
• Pace & Adaptability. Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can take charge, change course and get things done within short time frames.
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.