Manager, Privacy and Data Protection
NetflixLos Gatos, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is transforming entertainment, changing the perception of what television is and how it can be enjoyed. Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly watch unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has over 100 million members in over 190 countries. Most importantly, we are a loved brand because we put our members first.
As Netflix continues to grow, we are seeking a motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented candidate with strong judgment to join the Data Privacy and Security legal team to provide support on privacy and data security compliance matters. The position is based in our Los Gatos office in California. The position will report to the Global Director of Data Privacy and Security, and will work in an ongoing and collaborative way with relevant Legal, Security and Engineering groups in carrying out her or his responsibilities.
- Prior significant experience supporting in-house privacy/data protection and data management programs.
- Substantive knowledge of US privacy and security laws as well as a working knowledge of international privacy and data protection laws.
- Strong project management skills. A track record of consistently going above and beyond what is expected and delivering projects on schedule.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a strong ability to review and organize technical information.
- Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in ambiguous situations and to manage complexity and high pressure in a productive manner.
- Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved.
- Excellent communication skills, including patience and an ability to explain legal requirements clearly and effectively, and a great sense of humor.
- Project management for privacy/data protection initiatives.
- Oversee and continuously improve data subject rights compliance programs.
- Work with relevant engineering teams to help develop product and marketing data flows for impact assessments, and provide relevant guidance.
- Support data hygiene operations.
- Help manage internal cross-functional education tools and trainings.
- Partner with the Customer Services team on privacy/data protection requests from our members.
- Support vendor management program, including contract drafting and negotiations related to data protection terms.