Manager, Post Production - Indie Films
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Manager to work in Indie Films on owned originals, licensed originals, local language features, and acquisitions. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of post production for Indie Films.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members in 190 countries. With a global reach, it's a great time to join Netflix.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Serve as the primary post production contact across pre-production, production and post production to ensure partners successfully deliver films to Netflix within approved schedule and budget parameters across a high volume of features.
• Vet the initial production and post production budget and schedule to ensure each production has the resources and an optimal plan to deliver content of the highest quality
• Assist with hiring post production and editorial teams
• Communicate with Content Executives and keep them abreast of any post production related issues
• Champion evolving technologies and determine how to best incorporate into production and post production workflows
• In collaboration with interdepartmental Netflix teams, develop and update physical production ''best practices'' and refine evolving independent film production and post production guidelines to deliver to filmmakers
• Work with cross-functional teams such as Production, Distribution, Product Creative, Marketing, and PR to ensure that films are successfully screened, delivered and positioned for success
• Initiate the onboarding process for production companies, freelance producers and production crews to the Netflix ecosystem, tools, and resources
• Attend key reviews for VFX, color correction, final mix, and final DCP QCs
• Create, update, and proactively maintain inward and outward-facing post production resources and documents
• Serve as a bridge between productions and internal Netflix teams to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner
• BA/BS Degree
• 10 years hands-on experience in Independent feature film post production
• Passion for Independent Film
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment supervising multiple projects in various points of production from pre-production through delivery
• Familiar with 4K workflows as well as an eagerness to learn new technologies like HDR and ATMOS
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent worldwide
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Teamplayer who operates in a fast paced team oriented setting -
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information -
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly -
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process -
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask -