Manager, Physical Production - Latam
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking an experienced Production Executive to help manage both internal and third party co-productions from an International Originals perspective to support international original series. Responsibilities include establishing and curating vendor & staff/crew relations, reviewing budgets and supporting/suggesting best practices from pre production through delivery. This position will report in to the Director, International Originals Production in Los Angeles. Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our International Original series projects.
The Opportunity: Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 100 million streaming members worldwide. With continued international expansion and a move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Role: A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Pre Production/Setup of Show
• Work with Finance, Legal, Creative, Engineering, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows and maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible
• Work with Showrunners, EICs and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining post budget and VFX scope
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Update cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
• Help ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
• Create/Help inform and draft production and post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Post, Content Ops) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
• Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• BA/BS Degree; 10 Years experience with long form production executive management both in the field and on a network level for scripted series.
• This candidate should currently manage a slate of shows, have the title of Head of Production, VP or SVP
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K, single cam and multi-cam event
• Access to long roster of high quality vendors and talent throughout Latin America
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Comfortable with heavy travel
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Has language skills, fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
• International production experience, in producing scripted and unscripted TV
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.