Manager, Legal Operations
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is changing the way more than 109 million subscribers around the world enjoy entertainment. With continued international expansion and ongoing production across the globe, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are looking for a Manager to handle Legal Operations. The Manager will be assigned to multiple technology initiatives as the primary business lead for the legal group as in-house and third party applications are built and rolled out to the legal team. This role will be responsible for deriving business requirements as it relates to product functionality within the legal group, as well as identify new applications that could increase the productivity of the team. Candidate must have a strong background in the studio/production legal environment combined with a passion for excellence and innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Primary business lead and liaison for the legal group as in-house and third party applications are built and rolled out to the legal team.
• Derive business requirements as they relate to product functionality within the legal group, as well as identify new applications and enhancements to existing applications that could increase the productivity of the team.
• Partner with product managers, technical program managers and engineering managers across internal delivery teams at Netflix, representing the needs of the legal team and company as a whole and on a given product.
• Partner with the Production Operation team on product testing and product launch, driving tactical adoption and training within the legal team.
• Socialize project timelines and priorities across Netflix and maintain accountability on deliverables.
• Function as a subject matter expert for all studio applications as it relates to legal matters.
• Partner with stakeholders in other departments to address their needs and interface applications into the studio application ecosystem.
• Effectively work with large amounts of both quantitative and non-quantitative data.
• 10 years with entertainment legal production or post production, either freelance or studio-based.
• Keen understanding of current production and legal workflows and how technology is used (and will be used in future).
• Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and how they are used in an operational capacity within entertainment legal.
• Sharp assessment skills with an ability to vet wants vs. needs.
• Comfortable with running lean.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.