Manager, Global Creative Marketing
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Global Creative Marketing (Multi-title)
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 100 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns. We are actively promoting our original, exclusive content that is core to everything we do.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the global creative marketing team for a Manager of Global Creative Marketing, Multi-title. This is a great opportunity to join a team that works on campaigns showcasing Netflix's breadth of content -- across series, films, documentaries, and comedy specials -- and all pointing back to Netflix as the platform to do so.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will be a key contributor and leader in strategizing, executing and managing marketing campaigns in the Multi-title space (in other words, campaigns that include more than one title at a time). A few examples of Multi-title include our "She Rules" spot (which aired last year at the Emmys) and a recent "It's About Time" spot that aired during the BET Awards, and we are quickly gearing up to spearhead 360, cross-platform campaigns as well. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in the Hollywood office, reporting to the Director of Global Creative Marketing, Multi-title.
We are looking for someone who:
• Can demonstrate a proven track record of building world-class creative, and launching global campaigns that connected with audiences and said something more about a brand through the products (or content) they deliver.
• Has experience in brand strategy development, with a strong understanding of what it takes to establish brands in both new and established markets.
• Has deep knowledge in running a campaign, from strategy development to tactical execution (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home) -- especially around content-based campaigns.
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Has exposure to working on global campaigns, with reach domestically and internationally. Ideally, this person would have a global IQ and/or are familiar with working with teams from different regional markets.
• Has a good understanding of marketing and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium.
• Appreciates technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our multi-title campaigns within the member product experience.
• Is able to effectively communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, filmmakers, talent and talent representatives (as needed).
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment. We will typically have multiple campaigns happening at once.
• Lead day-to-day on upcoming multi-title campaigns -- including higher-touch (e.g. cross-platform, global campaigns), as well as lower-touch responsibilities (e.g. event sizzles).
• Act as the campaign lead throughout the entirety of a campaign -- from strategy development to creative execution and production.
• In conjunction with the Director of Global Creative Marketing - Multi-title, collaborate on strategy and execute based on the strategy.
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - giving feedback to agencies based on internal conversations (being willing to experiment when warranted).
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (across region-based Marketing teams, Consumer PR, Publicity and Social), with a focus on managing workflow and being able to socialize, absorb, organize and address cross-functional feedback (where possible).
• Shepherd scope, budget, and overall campaign resources.
The successful candidate possesses:
• a minimum 5-8 years of entertainment marketing experience either at a brand or entertainment creative agency, network/studio marketing team, or network on-air department working on title launch campaigns.
• Experience managing a high volume of campaign types in parallel, while collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
• University Degree, Post Graduate qualifications in related field preferred.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative strategy and production that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are able to make wise and informed decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and thinks strategically.
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.