Manager, Global Creative Marketing - Documentary
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Do you have a genuine affinity, love and appreciation for documentaries? Do documentaries often supercede narrative films and popular television series on your ''Must Watch List''? Are you interested in breathing new life into your marketing campaigns and taking new approaches? If so, you may just be the perfect candidate to join our originals marketing team, working on original documentaries.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will be a key contributor and leader in strategizing, executing and managing marketing launch campaigns for a diverse range of content including documentary films and series. Experience with talent relations is a must. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in the Hollywood office, reporting to the Senior Manager of Global Creative Marketing - Documentary, Unscripted & Kids.
We seek a unique person who
• Is passionate about documentaries - and positioning them for success in the consumer marketplace
• Has a proven track record of building world-class creative and launching global campaigns for premium entertainment properties that connect consumers to entertainment brands and create a passionate following
• Has led a 360-campaign, from strategy development tactical execution (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home).
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Is able to effectively communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, showrunners (or filmmakers), talent and talent representatives (as needed).
• Has exposure to working on global campaigns, with reach domestically and internationally. Ideally, this person would have a global IQ and/or are familiar with working with teams from different regional markets.
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium.
• Has a good understanding of marketing and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns.
• Appreciates technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our originals marketing campaigns within the member product experience.
• Is a connoisseur of trailers, key art, social media and the 30s TV spot.
• Is adept at writing creative briefs to guide the marketing creative process and align internal marketing teams on goals and strategies.
• Can manage the workflow and timelines of creative marketing asset development for distribution to internal/external teams.
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We will typically have multiple launch campaigns happening at once.
• Lead day-to-day on upcoming global documentary launch campaigns -- from strategy development to creative execution and production.
• In conjunction with the Senior Manager of Global Creative Marketing, collaborate on strategy around entertainment properties and execute based on the strategy.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (across region-based Marketing teams, Consumer PR, Publicity and Social), with a focus on managing workflow and being able to socialize, absorb, organize and address cross-functional feedback (where possible).
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - giving feedback to agencies based on internal conversations (being willing to experiment when warranted).
• Shepherd scope, budget, and overall campaign resources.
The successful candidate possesses:
• A minimum 6 years of experience at an entertainment marketing department, network/studio marketing team, or entertainment creative agency working on title launch campaigns (in strategy, Digital, Print and AV creative).
• Experience managing a high volume of campaign types in parallel, while collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
• Prior project management, team leadership experience or agency management.
• A proactive sensibility, but also organized enough to prioritize.
• Strong communication and analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a reasonable appreciation for the unknown.
• International experience (or experience in working with international teams) preferred. University Degree, Post Graduate qualifications in related field preferred.
• Passion for documentary is a must.
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualize and articulate creative strategy and production that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are able to make wise and informed decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and thinks strategically.
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.